Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Healthy Yak in Kathmandu and Rum Doodle



The Vet team is on the ground in Kathmandu and ready to fly up to Lukla April 7 to begin a 15 day journey through the Khumbu. Today we had lunch at the Rum Doodle Restaurant in the Thamel District where I was fortunate enough to receive my own "yeti footprint" to place on the wall. For successful Everest Summiteers, my footprint was placed just a couple meters away from the signatures of Everest icons Sir Edmund Hillary and Ed Viesturs. Unfortunately the technology is not working out very well this trip and I am unable to attach pictures today of the Rum Doodle or of the Healthy Yak team. Today we purchased 'team t-shirts' with yaks on them so I am a bit disappointed that you cannot see the photo. A big thank you again to Claire, Kristen, and Andy for participating in this project. Namaste from Kathmandu as I hope to post in a couple of days from Namche Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment